Privacy & Policy
Mitsubishi Motors (MM)
How We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
Specific security measures we employ include authorised user-only access to computer records (including password protection), internal procedures to protect physical documents and regular monitoring and improvement of our practices and systems to ensure the effectiveness of our security policies.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as it is no longer required by us (as permitted by law).
We generally use your personal information to:
- provide the service requested, respond to your enquiries, send you information that you request, or otherwise achieve the purpose for which the information was submitted to us;
- administer any warranty provided to you in relation to any products or services you acquire from us or our dealers;
- provide you with certain services, such as Roadside Assistance;
- contact you to ask about your experiences with, or impressions of, our products or services (such as during the Customer Satisfaction Survey we conduct shortly after you purchase a Mitsubishi vehicle);
- contact you in the event of a voluntary or compulsory product recall, or if we wish to offer upgrades or modifications to products or services that you have acquired from us;
- contact you from time to time to advise you of new products, promotional offers, or services offered by us or our dealers that we consider may interest you;
- conduct market research or monitor product demand (although where possible we will use "de-identified" information that does not refer to particular individuals when conducting these activities);
- contact you about other matters relating to products or services that you have acquired from us or our dealers;
- streamline and personalise your experience within our web site, or tailor our information, services or products;
- create aggregate data about our web site visitors and other statistics to allow for more efficient operation of our web site; and
- engage in other activities where required or permitted by law.
We may use personal information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes. You may request not to receive these communications by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details set out in section 10 below, or by using the opt out function provided for in those communications. If you do not opt out in either of these ways you will be taken to have consented to receiving such communications from us.
There are no consequences for opting out of receiving our marketing and promotional communications except that you will no longer receive them, and you may elect to rejoin our marketing list at a later stage if you wish.
Where we propose to use your personal information for another purpose other than as outlined above, we will seek your consent prior to using your personal information for that purpose (unless we are required or permitted by law to do so without seeking your permission).
Disclosure of Personal Information to Other Organisations
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Mitsubishi dealers for certain purposes, for example, handling a warranty claim;
- certain motoring organisations so that they may provide services to you
We are not generally likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients other than our related bodies corporate in Japan (as mentioned above).
Where we propose to disclose your personal information for another purpose other than as outlined above, we will seek your consent prior to disclosing your personal information for that purpose (unless we are required or permitted by law to do so without seeking your permission). An example is where personal information must be disclosed for certain law enforcement purposes.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
If you lodge a request for access, we may provide you with access to your personal information in any of a number of ways (including, for example, supplying you with a copy or providing you with the opportunity to inspect our records).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will amend our records accordingly.
Please notify us if our records need to be updated. If we provide you with the means of informing us of changes to your personal information (such as by return forms sent to you by post, or tear-out pages in your Owner's Manual), we encourage you to use these means to assist us to maintain accurate records of your information.
Kinds of Personal Information We Hold
Automatic Server Logs
When you visit our web site it may store "cookies" on your computer. The purpose of "cookies" is to avoid the need for you to re-enter certain information when you next visit our web site. The settings in your Internet browser software can be adjusted to prevent cookies being stored on your computer, if required. However, some of the features of our web site may then be lost. This information is only used for statistical analysis, system administration, and similar related purposes.
Email and Message Forms
Storage and Transmission of Personal Information Online
If we receive your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to store it such that unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss are prevented.
Other Online Services
Third Party Advertising